Trinity College, Jalandhar
Information under Section 4(1)(b) of The Right to Information Act
- The particulars of the Organization, Functions and Duties Trinity College
Trinity College, Jalandhar affiliated to GURU NANAK DEV University, Amritsar (ref. no. 1358/colleges dated 10-04-2002) is owned and managed by Trinity College Educational Society, a Christian Minority Community under the auspices of Diocese of Jalandhar, is a registered charitable society (vide no. DIC/Jal./89 2003-2004 dated 22-07-2003) under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860).
Rt. Rev. Dr Franco Mulakkal, the bishop of Jalandhar is the president of the Society.
Trinity College envisions becoming a torchbearer in quality education and it strives to provide the moral values to its students in order to make them better human beings. The Vision and Mission of the college is stated below:
We envision our college as a prime mover in transformative education, broadening the cognitive, experimental and spiritual horizons of students, leading them to higher realms (ad altiora) of human life on earth.
We at Trinity College commit ourselves to the creation of a society wherein the youth are characterized by INTELLECTUAL STIMULATION, MORAL UPRIGHTNESS AND SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTENMENT,
wherein they establish and nurture CAMPUS- COMMUNITY NETWORK SO AS TO REACH OUT TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED, wherein they promote NATIONAL INTEGRATION WITH THE SPIRIT OF AUTHENTIC INDIAN CULTURE, wherein they undertake NETWORKING WITH THE CORPORATE SECTOR, and wherein they become CHANGE AGENTS WHO EXERCISE A TRANSFORMATIVE INFLUENCE ON SOCIETY
Rt. Rev. Dr. Franco Mulakkal, President Trinity College Education society
Rev.Fr. Xavier Thazhathuvattil, Chairman, diocesan board of education,
Rev.Fr. Peter, Director of Trinity College, Jalandhar
Rev.Fr. Jibin, Asst. Director, Trinity College, Jalandhar
Asst. Prof. Ajay Prashar, Principal, Trinity College, Jalandhar
Prof. (Dr.) Fr. Johnson, Dean, Trinity College, Jalandhar
Rev. Sr. Rita Maria DM, Co-ordinator of office & admission cell,
Rev. Sr. Prema, in-charge, Trinity College, Jalandhar Sr. Sec. Wing
Rev. Sr. Merin Asst. in-charge, Academic Sr. Sec. Wing
- The powers and Duties of its officers and employees
The Power and duties of its Officers and employees are contemplated in
Memorandum of Association of Trinity College Education Society,
Employees Duties and Power defined in the Service Rule and in
H R Policy.
The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability
The College is taking adequate initiatives in making the teachers, students and stakeholder participate in the decision making bodies. The head of the departments who are representatives of their respective departments are the members of all decision making bodies.
First of all, H.O.D meeting is conducted with the management then important issues and decisions are discussed in the Academic Council meeting where various modifications are done and after that all the decisions are announced in the staff meeting.
We have a hierarchy of governing bodies which helps in decentralization for ensuring participation of all the following bodies in a synchronized system of events, plans and activities:
- Educational Society: It includes the executives mentioned in the Memorandum of Association of the society who are leading the path towards excellence
- Governing Body: It includes Director and Assistant Director of the college, Nominees of the society and the Principal who are striving to take the college to the heights which know no sky.
- Administrative body: It includes Director and Assistant Director of the college, Nominees of the society, office Superintendant and, Principal of the college who are doing their every bit to take the institution to touch the new facets.
- IQAC: It includes IQAC members suggested by NAAC, such as management, Principal, H.O.D’S, Students, Alumnae, Educators, stakeholders.
- O.D’s: It includes Head of the departments or delegates
- Academic Council: It includes management, Principal, H.O.D’S, IQAC members.
- Students Cabinet: President. Vice-President, Secretary, Joint Secretary, Sports Coordinator, Cultural coordinator and Spoksman are also part of decision making.
- The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions
College follows the norms and directives of GURU NANAK DEV University Amritsar, UGC and Department of legal and legislative affairs, Punjab.
- The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions
Trinity College follows all the Rules and regulations to its employees for discharging its functions. It is very clearly reflected in HR Policy.
There are several committees in the college, who participate in decision-making process for all aspects of teaching, learning, evaluation and extension services.
- A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control
Guidelines/instructions issued from time to time. Records related to students, employees, administration, finance, etc. were documented very systematically.
- The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by the Members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof
IQAC has vital role in the formation of the policy making where Head of the institution, a few senior administrative officers, three to eight teachers, one member from the Management, one/two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni, one/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/ stakeholders are members. Trinity Education Society is also involved in formulating the policy matters.
- A statement of the boards, councils , committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public.
Administrative Committee, Academic Council, IQAC, Committee for Research, Board of Examinations, Anti-Ragging Committee, Committee for Prevention and Redressal of sexual Harassment at college campus, Student Grievance Committee, SCI ST Cell, Student’s Welfare Committee and Finance Committee, etc. extending decisive role the smooth administration of Trinity College.
The meetings of these councils, committees etc. are related to the academic and administrative decisions making and are open to the public especially to the stakeholders.
- A directory of its officers and employees
|No.||Name||Designation||Subject/Dept||Email Id||Mobile no.|
|1||Mr. Ajay Prashar||Principal||Mathematicsemail@example.com||9855297007|
|2||Mrs. Baljeet Kaur||Asst. Prof.||Historyfirstname.lastname@example.org||9465759297|
|3||Mrs. Puja Gaba||Asst. Prof.||Commerceemail@example.com||9814877749|
|4||Mrs. Nidhi Sharma||Asst. Prof.||Economicsfirstname.lastname@example.org||9872802171|
|5||Mrs. InderpreetKaur||Asst. Prof.||Commerceemail@example.com||9041940458|
|6||Mrs. Neetu Khanna||Asst. Prof.||Commercefirstname.lastname@example.org||9780030151|
|7||Mr.Navdeep Singh||Asst. Prof.||Computer Scemail@example.com||9888738909|
|8||Mrs. Jessy Julian||Asst. Prof.||Computer Scfirstname.lastname@example.org||9463089609|
|9||Mr. Ashok kumar||Asst. Prof.||Punjabiemail@example.com||9888197096|
|10||Mr,Malkiat Singh||Asst. Prof.||Punjabifirstname.lastname@example.org||9855981100|
|11||Mrs.Samriti Sarangal||Asst. Prof.||Commerceemail@example.com||9876101174|
|12||Mrs. Isha Guleria||Asst. Prof.||Chemistryfirstname.lastname@example.org||9056950352|
|13||Mrs.Rajinder Kaur||Asst. Prof.||Computer Scemail@example.com||9814210119|
|14||Ms. Daljit kaur||Asst. Prof.||Political Scfirstname.lastname@example.org||9464069107|
|15||Mr. Karanvir||Asst. Prof.||Physical Eduemail@example.com||9876680906|
|19||Ms. Megha||Asst. Prof.||Commercefirstname.lastname@example.org||9988107395|
|23||Mr. Rahul Sekhri||Asst.Prof||Physics||Rahulsekhri19921@yahoo.com||8968574545|
|25||Mrs.Manveet Kaur||Asst.Prof||Computer Scemail@example.com||9779834403|
|34||Dr. Dharamvir Kanda||Asst.Prof.||Zoologyfirstname.lastname@example.org||8054977661|
|35.||Mr. Kapil Kumar||Asst. Prof.||Physics||Kapilj1980@gmail.com||9464258629|
Non-Teaching/Office Staff Directory 2017-2018
|No.||Name||Designation||Email Id||Mobile no.|
|1||Mr. Peter||Office Asst||9878372271|
|5||Mr. Shammi Raj||Gatekeeper||9781490517|
|7||Mr. Tirath Ram||Asst. Office Suptt.||9463533831|
|10||Mr. Balwinder Kumar||Driver||9878440664|
|12||Ms. Anjalina||Principal’s P.Aemail@example.com||8288990698|
|13||Mrs. Reena Rai||Security Guard||9814224717|
|15||Mr. Chander Ballabh Sharma||Office Suptt.||98782 12890|
|16||Mr. Satplal Singh||Computer Lab Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org||9815287330|
- The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations
Monthly remunerations were received according to the norms of UGC/Contract/service rule/ as per Institute Rule.
- The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made
Every year, College Administrative Body/Committee with the consultation of IQAC and HODs, propose an Annual budget to Trinity Education Society. The Trinity Education Society sanctions the Budget according to the needs of the time. At the end of financial year, the society makes a formal auditing and submits the copy of audited report to registrar of the society/Govt.
- The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes
Trinity College has developed scholarships/ subsidies/Fee concessions to economically poor students.
Trinity College has various scholarship schemes, freeships provided by Government in which students in large number are benefited. The details are as follows
|S No||Name of The Scheme||Year||Number Of Students Benefited|
(Funds Not Provided By Government)
(Funds Not Provided By Government)
Students are benefited in large number from the scholarship schemes, freeships provided by the institutions / organizations besides Government schemes. The details are as follows
|Year||Name of The Scheme||Contact Information||Number of Students Benefitted by non- Government Scheme|
|2017||Excellence award in Law||Department Of Commerce||1|
|2017||Excellence award in Accounting||Department Of Commerce||1|
|2017||Excellence award in QT By Commerce Dept||Department Of Commerce||1|
|2017||Excellence award in Management||Department Of Commerce||1|
|2017||Rt. Rev Dr. Anil Jose Thomos Couto Award of Excellence||Management||4|
|2017||Excellence award in Computer Science||Department Of Computer Science||2|
|2017||Mrs. Rajinder Kaur Memorial Award of Excellence||
Asst. Prof Baljit Kaur
HOD Faculty of Arts
|2017||Rev. Dr. Sr. Stella SCJM Scholarship||Management||1|
|2017||Madad – E – Kharach Scholarship||Management||15|
|2017||Amal Scaria Memorial Scholarship||Department Of Computer Science||1|
|2017||Economist Of Trinity Scholarship.||Department Of Economics||1|
|2017||Excellence award in Economics||Department Of Economics||1|
|2017||Scholarship for excellence in Cultural Activities||Management||39|
|2017||Rt. Rev. Dr Franco Mulakkal Scholarship for Punjabi Language||Department Of Punjabi||2|
|2017||Sports Quota Scholarship||Management||16|
|Total Students Benefited in session 2017-18||170|
- Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it
The particulars of concessions, permits or authorizations were displayed in respective departments.
- Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form
Beneficiaries of the above Scholarship were selected by respective committees/departments according to the norms and criteria of each endowment/scholarship. Details of scholarships were given in the website and displayed on the notice board.
- The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use
All the relevant details are made available on the website. Each department has separate timetables. Non-teaching staff has specific time schedule. Library will be available for the public with a permission of competitive authority.
- The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers
Mr. Ajay Prashar
Trinity College, Jalandhar
Mob; 9855297007; Email email@example.com
- Such other information as may be prescribed